Effective Date: 6 September 2018
All references to ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ within this policy are deemed to refer to Neeta Halai trading as New Heights Training and its subsidiaries and associates. New Heights Training is the Data Controller of all information you provide to us.
What is Personal Data
Collecting Personal Data
You can decide what Personal Data you provide to us. We will only collect Personal Data that you choose to provide. You may choose to provide us with Personal Data if, for example, you: contact us with an enquiry; register for a service in accordance with our terms and conditions, fill out other forms with your Personal Data included; request us to provide you with information; provide testimonials for marketing and promotional purposes on the website.
You have the opportunity to decide whether or not to receive communications from us at any point where we request information about you.
In common with many websites, we use ‘cookies’ to help us gather information from visitors to our site.
You can delete cookies at any time or you can set your browser to reject or disable cookies. If you do disable cookies some functions on the website may not work correctly.
Use of Information
We will use information collected from you in the following ways:
Keeping in Touch
We may use your Personal Data in order to communicate with you about our products and services. However, you can let us know by email at any time whether or not you want to receive such communications when you first provide Personal Data to us. You can also inform us of your wish to stop receiving any email communication from us at any time.
We may use information for internal analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites. We may also share non-Personal Data with others, such as advertisers, in aggregate anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you.
We may use your Personal Data in order to respond to your queries and requests and to manage payment transactions such as payment for any services in accordance with our terms and conditions which will help complete the payment transactions.
Third Party Offers
We may use personally identifiable information that you provide to us to communicate with you on social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. You can email us to decline or accept such communication with us.
Sale and Transfer
In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
Administration and Data Management
We may transfer your Personal Data to third parties under confidentiality obligations when the performance of any service in relation to the activities above is sub-contracted (e.g. the administration of a marketing campaign).
We may collect, use or disclose your Personal Data if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend us or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud and other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, and to audit compliance with or corporate policies, procedures, legal and contractual obligations.
Disclosure of Personal Data
In addition to disclosures identified in the purposes above, from time to time we may disclose Personal Data to:
- Our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as; consultants; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and further provided that such service provider does not collect, use or disclose the Personal Data for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- Person or entity, including our affiliates, to whom disclosure is required in order to fulfil one or more of the purposes described above under purposes set out above;
- A person who, in our reasonable judgment, is providing or seeking the information as the authorised or appointed legal agent of the subject individual; or
- Any third party with your consent or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
We take security seriously and will take appropriate measures to keep your Personal Data secure. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, or information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorised access by third parties.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to access Personal Data that we process about you.
You can request from us information about:
- The personal data we hold about you;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The purposes of the processing as per collected data;
- Details to whom your personal data has/will be disclosed or criteria for disclosure;
- How long we retain your personal data; and
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
You may also request from us the following:
- That we update any incomplete or inaccurate data about you;
- That we provide your data in a portable way; and
- That we delete your personal data in accordance with GDPR.
It is important that your Personal Data is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to contact us for correcting our incomplete or inaccurate data about you.
If you have consented to direct marketing but no longer want to receive any directing marketing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Long and Where We Retain Your Data
We will only keep Personal Data as long as necessary for the purposes outlined above, except if otherwise required by applicable laws.
If you have any privacy-related questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.